AION: W A S D keys

Questions, advice, how to, and everything else concerning HotkeyNet

AION: W A S D keys

Postby dfm3000 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm brand new to Hotkeynet, i've been working on a script that seems to half work. The W, A, S, D keys seem not to work. I've tried a ton of variations i've remapped keys with no luck. The game i'm working with is AION on IA private server.

I was thinking that there is a possibility that the private server may have blocked the hotkeys. But it can't be, because i'm able to use other keys, it would make no sense for them to block just those 4 keys.

I've posted the code below .

There is also a problem with the space bar not working either, but i'm hopeing if this is figured out it will fix it's self.
======================================================================================================================================================================================
<Command RenameAndResize>
<SendPC %1%>
<RenameWin "AION Client" A%2%>
// <RemoveWinFrame>
// <SetWinRect %3% %4% %5% %6%>
// <SetWinPos %3% %4%>
// <Text %7%>
// <Key Tab>

// The following work when ScrollLock is on :

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl R>
<SendPc Local>
<SetActiveWindowTrackingDelay 0>
<SetActiveWindowTracking on>
<RenameAndResize Local 1 400 330 1280 720 x>
<RenameAndResize Local 2 400 1050 1280 720 x>

// editing on the fly for when 1 aion dies:
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl L>
// <RenameAndResize Local 1 400 330 1280 720 x>
<RenameWin "AION Client" A2>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl T>
<Toggle>
<TargetWin "AION Client">
<SetWinFrame None>
<Toggle>
<TargetWin "AION Client">
<SetWinFrame ThickFrame Caption Border>
// <SetWinFrame ThickFrame Caption Border ClientEdge>
// <SetWinFrame ThickFrame Caption Border DlgFrame ClientEdge DlgModalFrame StaticEdge WindowEdge>

//-----------------------------------------------------------
// DEFINE A MAIL LABEL FOR EACH AION
<Label w0 Local SendWinM "AION Client">
<Label w1 IPXX SendWinM "AION Client">
<Label w2 IPXX SendWinM "AION Client">
// DEFINE HOTKEYS FOR ALL KEY COMBINATIONS THAT WILL GET
// SENT TO ALL FOUR WOWS. ADD MORE KEY COMBO'S IF YOU WANT.

// 9 key is rotated accross each 'slaves'

<Hotkey 9>
<Toggle>
<SendLabel w1>
<Key %trigger%>
<Toggle>
<SendLabel w0>
<Key %trigger%>
<Toggle>
<SendLabel w2>
<Key %trigger%>
// formation key (\)
//<MovementHotkey Oem5>
//<SendLabel w1> <Key Q>

//<KeyList ExList W, A, S, D, Q, E, 9, Enter, X, Space>
<KeyList ExList Tab, W, A, S, D, 9, Enter, R, F>
<KeyList MyList PgUp, PgDn, Period, B-C, G-P, T-V, Y-Z, 0-8, F1-F12, Comma, Esc, Backspace, Minus, Plus, Oem1, Oem7, Oem4, Oem6, Oem2, Home>

// turn on/off with pause:
<hotkey pause>
<sendpc local>
<ToggleHotkeys>

<Hotkey MyList; Shift MyList; Alt MyList; Ctrl MyList; Ctrl 9>
<SendLabel w0, w1, w2>
<Key %Trigger%>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn A-Z, 0-9, Plus, Minus, F1-F12 except W, A, S, D, Q, E>
<SendLabel w1, w2>
<Key %Trigger%>

//<MovementHotkey Space>
// <SendLabel w0, w1>
// <Key %Trigger%>

//<Hotkey ScrollLockOn ExList; ScrollLockOn Shift ExList; ScrollLockOn Alt ExList; ScrollLockOn Ctrl ExList>
//<SendLabel w0, w1, w2>
//<Key %Trigger%>
dfm3000

Re: AION: W A S D keys

Postby HotkeyNet on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:03 pm

You can't send movement keys to AION with SendWinM. The reason it doesn't work is because there is no code inside AION to respond to movement keys that arrive in that manner. You have to use SendWin, and this isn't practical when you are running more than one copy of the game on a PC.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby dfm3000 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks for replying i changed the Sendwin script like you said but i'm still unable to use those 4 keys. Can you post an example script, maybe i've missed somthing.
dfm3000

Postby HotkeyNet on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 am

You're welcome. I can't post an example for you because I don't have Aion installed and therefore I can't test it.

In general, movement hotkeys are written as shown in the example on the following page:

http://hotkeynet.com/ref/movementhotkey.html

Please note that even if you get it to work, the combination of SendWin and MovementHotkey isn't useful if you are running more than one copy of the game on a single PC.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby dfm3000 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 pm

This is for multiple pc's as the private server doesn't allow multi client. It is really frustrating though how the 5 most important keys don't work but everything else does. I've been testing autohotkey out to see if it had any problems accepting input from the movement keys and it has no problem.

But for it do somthing as complex as what hotkeynet can do it would be 5 pages of script and i'm not that familar with the application to write it. But yea if there are any coders out there that can clue me into what i need to do to make this work that would be great.

Thanks.
dfm3000

Postby HotkeyNet on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Here's what I would do, if I were you.

Make a new script that contains only one definition:

Code: Select all
// LABELS HERE

<MovementHotkey w, a, s, d>

Get that to work by itself, without the added complication of the rest of the script.

When you load this script, HotkeyNet should say in blue "4 definitions were loaded." If not, there will be red error messages. You must eliminate the red error messages before you go on. (You can ignore the red message that says "Unable to find command AutoExec.")

Assuming you can load the script, but can't get the hotkeys to work, post for me here:

1. The exact script you tried (some particular version). Don't tell me you tried various things. I need to see some exact script that corresponds to messages.

2. Tell me whether the local machine's HotkeyNet shows <Hotkey W> in the upper left box when you press W.

3. Tell me whether the local machine's HotkeyNet shows <HotkeyUp W> when you release W.

4. Post here all the messages that HotkeyNet displays on the local PC when you press W.

5. Same thing as previous item, except from one of the remote PCs.

6. Tell me what happens in the game on the local PC when you press W.

7. Same thing as previous item, except on one of the remote machines.

That's seven things I need to see in order to diagnose your problem.

Those seven items trace the cascade of events that is supposed to occur in HotkeyNet, the operating system, and the game when you press the hotkey.

Now that I've explained what needs to be looked at, maybe you'll be able to fix it on your own. If not, supply those seven items and I'll look at them.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Return to General HotkeyNet stuff