[Script] 2 Guild Wars 2 PCs Scripts (1.0.0-Release)

Using HotkeyNet with Guild Wars.

Re: Jonathon's 2 Guild Wars 2 PCs Scripts

Postby Florack on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:53 am

I decided sense the code seems to be working as intended, I'm going to go ahead and update the script to "1.0 (Release)". As it is currently "done", other than if anyone notices any "bugs" or anything.

Which; I'm not sure if anyone else has had a chance to try this script out or not - so I hope it works for others as well.

Please post back with any comments, questions, etc.

first post has been updated as needed
-Jonathon

Kurimbooze/Florack on Alleria (World of Warcraft - Alliance)
Florack Felowes (Guild Wars)
Florack on Columbus (Voyage Century Online)
Florack

Re: [Script] 2 Guild Wars 2 PCs Scripts (1.0.0-Release)

Postby Krushiev on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Florack wrote:1) First thing, you will need to accounts for Guild Wars, and also two PCs. Granted, you might be able to re-write this in a way as to work on one PC but with a normal install of Guild Wars you can only run one copy at a time.
]

Hi there! This statement isn't exactly true. There's a program called GWx2 (vers.4.1) out there, just google GWx2. When you get to the download, just ignore the drunkard title bot :P . What the program does is open up a second window and rename both windows for you, but nothing more than that. There is also a follow command (kinda), just have the secondary character target the main and press spacebar. I was using Keyclone with GW for a bit, but it just seemed so buggy that I gave up, lol.

I'm able to run Guild Wars twice on one PC and no lag, but you have to make a copy of the Guild Wars folder (call the copy GW or something), then fire up GWx2. I don't know if there's a way to open more than two instances on the same PC though.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share :)

Krushiev
Krushiev

Postby Florack on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 am

Krushiev wrote:
Florack wrote:1) First thing, you will need to accounts for Guild Wars, and also two PCs. Granted, you might be able to re-write this in a way as to work on one PC but with a normal install of Guild Wars you can only run one copy at a time.
]

Hi there! This statement isn't exactly true. There's a program called GWx2 (vers.4.1) out there, just google GWx2. When you get to the download, just ignore the drunkard title bot :P . What the program does is open up a second window and rename both windows for you, but nothing more than that. There is also a follow command (kinda), just have the secondary character target the main and press spacebar. I was using Keyclone with GW for a bit, but it just seemed so buggy that I gave up, lol.

I'm able to run Guild Wars twice on one PC and no lag, but you have to make a copy of the Guild Wars folder (call the copy GW or something), then fire up GWx2. I don't know if there's a way to open more than two instances on the same PC though.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share :)

Krushiev

Thanks for the info.

Which my script has a built-in kind of "follow" command. What t does is - like you talk about - has the other toon target your main and hit space bar, each time you hit a movement key.
-Jonathon

Florack

Postby ACJ on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey all. GWx2 works, and there is another program call GWMultiLaunch (I can't find the link I had for it, but I remember it being on google somewhere). It took some time for me to get it to work on Vista x64 with my remedial computer knowledge :D, but it works great for launching more than 2 copies of Guild Wars. The only hiccup I've had with it is that everytime the Guild Wars client updates for weekend or special events, I've needed to delete the copies of the GW folders I've made and recopy them after the original GW.exe has updated. That may become tedious after a while.

On the other hand, Florack, I've tested and played around with the scripts you made and they work great for me. Nice job on them! I've messed around with it and got it to work 3 Guild Wars on 3 PC's and even went so far as to do 5 Guild wars on 3 PC's (one PC using Guild Wars Multi Launch to handle 3 game clients; and a charitable donation of accounts from my friends who no longer play :cry: ).

I made one small change in adding that the "T" button also be broadcast to the other clients, because sometimes I'd rather not have everyone target the closest enemy. That allows me to call out the target on my main and let the others follow as well.

Awesome job again on the scripts. I'm curious to any experiences you've all had with it too. It's been great fun for me, and makes me want to play Guild Wars all over again!
ACJ

Postby Florack on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 am

As I had posted else-where: my laptop went out on me about 2 months ago or so; so I haven;t used Guild Wars on 2 computers in a while.

Could someone let me know if this script is still working fine. Thanks.
-Jonathon

Florack

Previous

Return to Guild Wars