[Script] 2 Guild Wars 2 PCs Scripts (1.0.0-Release)

Using HotkeyNet with Guild Wars.

[Script] 2 Guild Wars 2 PCs Scripts (1.0.0-Release)

Postby Florack on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:29 am

OK, have started doing some duel-boxing work with a couple copies of Guild Wars - as talked about/posted previously here: http://www.hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1042.

My first-release script is a work-in-progress (WIP) of course; so, I'll gladly take suggestion on how to improve the coding/abilities.

OK, time to get into the setup.

1) First thing, you will need to accounts for Guild Wars, and also two PCs. Granted, you might be able to re-write this in a way as to work on one PC but with a normal install of Guild Wars you can only run one copy at a time.

2) You will need the follow script loaded for your main PC/Group Leader:

Code: Select all
//===========================================================================================
// "2 Guild Wars, 2 Pcs" HotkeyNet script r1.0.0 (Release)
//
// "Leader Script"
//
// Written by Jonathon (Florack on HotkeyNet.com forums)
//
// Requirements:
//  * HotkeyNet build 161 or higher
//
// Toggle the Scroll Lock key to turn hotkeys off and on.
//===========================================================================================

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Subroutine to launch copies of Guild Wars
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Command Launch>
  <SendPC %1%>
    <Run %2%>
    <Wait 3000>
    <TargetWin "Guild Wars">
    <SetAffinity all>

// Hotkey to launch and rename two copies of Guild Wars
// While "Scroll Lock" is on; press "Alt" + "Ctrl" + "L"
//
// Make sure to replace 192.168.1.101 with the IP of your secondary PC.
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl L>
  <Launch Local "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe">
  <Launch 192.168.1.101 "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe">

// Define mail labels for sending key strokes
//
// Make sure to replace 192.168.1.101 with the IP of your secondary PC.
<Label w1 Local SendWinM "Guild Wars">
<Label w2 192.168.1.101 SendWinM "Guild Wars">

// Broadcasted hotkeys that are sent to all systems at the same time
//
// These are the hot-bar actions and the weapon sets. The "C" and "Space" are for targeting
// the closest enemy and attacking.
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn 1-8, F1-F4, C, Space>
  <SendLabel w1, w2>
    <Key %Trigger%>

// Movement Key
//
// On your main character: go to "Menu", then "Options", then "Control" tab, then scroll
// down to "Targeting: Part Member - 2" and type the new key to be: . {<bind the period to it}.
//
// On your secondary character: go to "Menu", then "Options", then "Control" tab, then scroll
// down to "Targeting: Part Member - 1" and type the new key to be: . {<bind the period to it}.
<MovementHotkey ScrollLockOn W,A,S,D,Q,E,Left,Right,Up,Down>
  <SendLabel w1>
    <Key %TriggerMainKey%>
  <SendLabel w2>
    <Key Period>
    <Key Space>

// Broadcast mouse clicks. hold down left-side "Alt" to broadcast
//
// Will not work properly unless both game's screen resolutions are the same. The displayed
// windows can be different, but not resolutions. Meaning, in-game options for each would both
// need to be 1280x1024; but the if you re-size the windows they could be different.
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn LAlt LButton, MButton, RButton, Button4, Button5>
  <SendLabel w1, w2>
    <ClickMouse %TriggerMainKey%>

(This next step is mentioned within the script itself but I'll mention it again)
3) On your main PC/group leader; go to "Menu", then "Options", then "Control" tab, then scroll down to "Targeting: Part Member - 2" and type the new key to be: . (the bound "key" is a period).

4) You will need this script for your secondary PC/character:

Code: Select all
// "2 Guild Wars, 2 Pcs" HotkeyNet script r1.0 (Release)
//
// "Secondary Character Script"
//
// Written by Jonathon (Florack on HotkeyNet.com forums)
//
// Requirements:
//  * HotkeyNet build 161 or higher
//
// Toggle the Scroll Lock key to turn hotkeys off and on.

// Subroutine to launch copies of Guild Wars
<Command Launch>
  <SendPC %1%>
    <Run %2%>
    <Wait 3000>
    <TargetWin "Guild Wars">
    <SetAffinity all>

// Hotkey to launch and rename two copies of Guild Wars
// While "Scroll Lock" is on; press "Alt" + "Ctrl" + "L"
//
// Make sure to replace 192.168.1.100 with the IP of your secondary PC.
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl L>
  <Launch 192.168.1.100 "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe">
  <Launch Local "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe">

// Define mail labels for sending key strokes
//
// Make sure to replace 192.168.1.100 with the IP of your main PC.
<Label w1 192.168.1.100 SendWinM "Guild Wars">
<Label w2 Local SendWinM "Guild Wars">

// Broadcasted hotkeys that are sent to all systems at the same time
//
// These are the hot-bar actions and the weapon sets. The "C" and "Space" are for targeting
// the closest enemy and attacking.
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn 1-8, F1-F4, C, Space>
  <SendLabel w1, w2>
    <Key %Trigger%>

// Movement Key
//
// On your main character: go to "Menu", then "Options", then "Control" tab, then scroll
// down to "Targeting: Part Member - 2" and type the new key to be: . {<bind the period to it}.
//
// On your secondary character: go to "Menu", then "Options", then "Control" tab, then scroll
// down to "Targeting: Part Member - 1" and type the new key to be: . {<bind the period to it}.
<MovementHotkey ScrollLockOn W,A,S,D,Q,E,Left,Right,Up,Down>
  <SendLabel w2>
    <Key %TriggerMainKey%>
  <SendLabel w1>
    <Key Period>
    <Key Space>

// Broadcast mouse clicks. hold down left-side "Alt" to broadcast
//
// Will not work properly unless both game's screen resolutions are the same. The displayed
// windows can be different, but not resolutions. Meaning, in-game options for each would both
// need to be 1280x1024; but the if you re-size the windows they could be different.
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn LAlt LButton, MButton, RButton, Button4, Button5>
  <SendLabel w1, w2>
    <ClickMouse %TriggerMainKey%>

(This next step is mentioned within the script itself but I'll mention it again)
5) On your secondary PC/character; go to "Menu", then "Options", then "Control" tab, then scroll down to "Targeting: Part Member - 1" and type the new key to be: . (the bound "key" is a period).

6) Now, all you should have to do is load the leader script on your main PC, load the secondary character script on the other computer, then log in and form a group with your two characters.

Now, there is one slight "hitch" when it comes to getting the the other character (weather you are on your main and want the alt to follow; or you are on your alt and want your main to follow) is that it uses a combination of the "target party member" keybinding and then the space bar.

For this to work 100%, when you are on a particular character and running make sure to hit another directional key real quick as well.

What I mean is: if you are running forward with W (or "up" key), quickly pres (and release) the A [for example] and your other character will start following. This however won't do anything at a short range.

If you notice and errors, have any ideas, etc. please feel free to respond.

March 30, 2009; 12:43AM Changes:
  • No real changes; formatted the code slightly different and - sense there seams to be no issues - I updated the scripts to 1.0 release.

March 23, 2009; 05:16PM Changes:
  • No changes to the actual script; just added a copies of the scripts as text files for easier download.

March 20, 2009; 11:04PM Changes:
  • Simplified code sense Guild Wars seems to like renaming it's windows back to defaults.
  • Both script versions bumped up to 0.3 (WIP)

March 18, 2009; 12:04AM Changes:
  • Corrected a couple typos within the "secondary character/PC" script
  • Both script versions bumped up to 0.2 (WIP)
Attachments
2 GWs 2 PCs - Leader r1.0.zip
A downloadable copy of the "Leader Character" script (1.0.0 release)
(1.15 KB) Downloaded 803 times
2 GWs 2 PCs - Secondary r1.0.zip
A downloadable copy of the "Secondary Character" script (1.0.0 release)
(1.16 KB) Downloaded 773 times
Last edited by Florack on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
-Jonathon

Kurimbooze/Florack on Alleria (World of Warcraft - Alliance)
Florack Felowes (Guild Wars)
Florack on Columbus (Voyage Century Online)
Florack

Re: Jonathon's Guild Wars Scripts

Postby Florack on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:47 am

I have already found a couple issues with me "secondary character" script. I'll update it shortly so please DO NOT use the "secondary PC/character" script (step #4).

!! DISREGARD THIS POST NOW !!
Last edited by Florack on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jonathon

Florack

Postby Florack on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:05 am

OK, There was a small typo in the second-listed script - but at first writing it properly didn't fix the problem -- but now all works fine... lol

Both scripts should be usable now.

script in first posting has been updated
-Jonathon

Florack

Postby CircleTilde on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 am

Congratz!! Great work Florack!! I'm really quite happy to see this can happen with GW! Thanks for taking the time to test this out, you certainly got further than me. :mrgreen: I'm still learning, lol. When I get a chance, I'll run your script and try it out at home. In the meantime, I'm working on something completely different, which I hope will come to fruition soon.
CircleTilde

Postby Florack on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:58 am

CircleTilde wrote:Congratz!! Great work Florack!! I'm really quite happy to see this can happen with GW! Thanks for taking the time to test this out, you certainly got further than me. :mrgreen: I'm still learning, lol. When I get a chance, I'll run your script and try it out at home. In the meantime, I'm working on something completely different, which I hope will come to fruition soon.

Hopefully this will prove useful to some. :)

Your "something completely different" related to Guild Wars scripts? Good luck to you.

One thing is I wish Guild Wars had a "/follow" command built into it to make it a little easier for the other character to follow your main. Actually there is a "/follow" slahs command but it does nothing... lol
-Jonathon

Florack

Postby CircleTilde on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Florack wrote:

Your "something completely different" related to Guild Wars scripts? Good luck to you.

Oh no! Something COMPLETELY different. Nothing related to Guild Wars. I don't want to give anything away, but it's something that I thought semi-useful for HotKeyNet that I don't think anybody has thought of. Freddie included. ;)
CircleTilde

Postby Florack on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:43 pm

CircleTilde wrote:
Florack wrote:

Oh no! Something COMPLETELY different. Nothing related to Guild Wars. I don't want to give anything away, but it's something that I thought semi-useful for HotKeyNet that I don't think anybody has thought of. Freddie included. ;)

Oh, sounds interesting... lol Well, good luck to ya.

If you need any testers at any point you know here to find me :) :P lol
-Jonathon

Florack

Re: Jonathon's 2 Guild Wars 2 PCs Scripts

Postby Florack on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:47 pm

I see there have been a few views; anyone been able to use/test the script?

Just wondering if it works fine for others or if there are any issues you might be having?
-Jonathon

Florack

Postby CircleTilde on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Sorry. Wish I could say that I've devoted time for testing, but I haven't attempted it yet. Perhaps I'll have more time this weekend? I hope so. From looking over your script, it looks like you've got things covered quite well so far. I'll let you know how my experience is with it, once I get a chance to test it out properly. :)
CircleTilde

Postby Florack on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:08 am

Did a couple minor code tweaks; updated code in first post and added change-notes to bottom of first post.
-Jonathon

Florack

Next

Return to Guild Wars