Targeting - noob question

Using HotkeyNet with World of Warcraft.

Targeting - noob question

Postby Pips on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:26 am

Goodmorning all

I have loaded the sample script given on this site for running two wow copies on 1 pc. On my hotkey log I get the message that keys are broadcasted correctly but the second account does not react. Here is a sample of the messages I get:

From this pc: <SendWinM WoW1><Key 2><SendWinM WoW2><Key 2>
<SendWinM WoW1> completed: Window found. Target set to 0x2303EC "WoW1"
<Key 2> completed
<SendWinM WoW2> completed: Window found. Target set to 0x23050C "WoW2"
<Key 2> completed

I realised after a while that the second account would autocast but not cast on others so there was a targetting issue. How do I make the second account target when the first one does? Using tab or f did not seem to work. Copying mouse click didnt work either. I appreciate any help you can give.
Pips

Re: Targeting - noob question

Postby HotkeyNet on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:02 am

I don't understand the problem. Are you saying that WoW2 shows no sign of reacting to the hotkey? Or are you saying it reacts, but it's not targetting?

If it's the latter, what are you doing in WoW1 that makes WoW1 target?

I don't play WoW so you're going to have to explain exactly what makes WoW1 target.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby wizardonthejob on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:16 am

Sounds like you arent using Macro's in wow. If you are trying, for inscance, to make your second toon shadow bolt your first toon's target, then you need to make a macro in wow on your second toon (esc, macros) and map a key in wow to it. Then tell hotkeynet to activate that key.

Your wow macro in wow will look something like this:
/follow

/assist toon1 will tell your second toon to aquire whatever your first toon is targeting.
The last two lines arent necessary but I like adding them to my scripts to make it easy for all my toons to keep up with my main.
wizardonthejob

Postby Pips on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks wizard. I did end up making an assist macro after adding tab to my list of hotkeys failed to work. Now everything works fine :-) what I was doing in wow1 to target was simply hitting the tab key. I thought that adding it in the script as Tab would work, that's why I was perplexed. I was basically trying to avoid mapping a new key for a macro, mainly out of laziness.

Thanks again for the help guys.
Pips

Return to World of Warcraft