ClickMouse rarely works

Using HotkeyNet with World of Warcraft.

Re: ClickMouse rarely works

Postby HotkeyNet on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:44 am

Glad to hear it. When SetActiveWindowTracking is on, you may need higher or lower delay numbers, but ClickMouse should still work perfectly with WoW and SendWinM.

I added a few comments to the ClickMouse documentation to emphasize the delays. Hopefully this will encourage other folks to adjust them.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby HotkeyNet on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:01 am

Ajuga wrote:I'm now using:

Code: Select all
<Hotkey F1>
      <SendPC local>
         <SendWinM wow2>
         <ClickMouse NoRestore LButton>

Problem is still there though.

That wasn't supposed to fix anything. It was a diagnostic, a test for you to do to help figure out the cause of the problem. "NoRestore" makes the cursor remain in the clicked location so you can see whether the clicked location is correct. The purpose of this hotkey was to allow you to report back to me either, "The cursor is getting moved to the correct location where it's supposed to click" or "the cursor is not getting moved to the location where it's supposed to click."

I keep my mouse 100% still, press F1, and nothing is pressed (or the wrong coordinate is pressed).

Let's deal with the movement separately from the click. The first issue is whether the cursor moves to the correct location. The purpose of "NoRestore" was to answer that question. Very well, you say the cursor moves to the wrong coordinate.

The pointer jumps to the right coord, but then jumps again to a random position (still on the slave's screen).

But now I'm confused. You just said the wrong coordinate is pressed. Now you say the cursor moves to the right location. (The jump to a random location is a third issue ... let's postpone that until we've clarified the first issue.)

I've tried ClickMouse Delays from 0 15 to 15 1000. Should I go higher?

You should increase both numbers. Try 30 30, then 50 50, then 100 100.

Tomorrow I'll try setting my windows up entirely with HotkeyNet. It could be Keyclone screwing with some coordinates somehow.. What do you think?

WoW itself draws its screen objects at different relative sizes and different relative positions depending on the screen resolution. This is the factor that interferes with ClickMouse's scaling. Third-party programs can't affect this behavior.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby Ajuga on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:11 pm

HotkeyNet wrote:I added a few comments to the ClickMouse documentation to emphasize the delays. Hopefully this will encourage other folks to adjust them.

This was enough for me to make it work ;) Without that explanation I really have no idea what numbers to type into the two boxes.

I tried 100 100 = flawless. Then tried 90 90 = few clicks didn't go through. So now I'm at 100 100. I'm happy (in fact ecstatic! :D ), but I'm also wondering if I can lower one of the numbers. More explanation of how to lower the right delay number would save you from answering that question in the future ;)
Ajuga

Postby Ajuga on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:49 pm

I noticed you were talking about SetActiveWindowTracking. Any chance it'll work with ClickMouse?
Ajuga

Postby HotkeyNet on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Ajuga wrote:This was enough for me to make it work ;) Without that explanation I really have no idea what numbers to type into the two boxes.

Great. If there's anything else you notice that's missing from the documentation, please let me know. Comments about the documentation are just as welcome as comments about the program.

I'm also wondering if I can lower one of the numbers. More explanation of how to lower the right delay number would save you from answering that question in the future ;)

Okay I'll an example.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby HotkeyNet on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Ajuga wrote:I noticed you were talking about SetActiveWindowTracking. Any chance it'll work with ClickMouse?

So far as I know, it does. Is that not happening?

(Keep in mind that SetActiveWindowTracking gives the foreground to the highest window under the cursor. If the target window is covered by some other window at the cursor's target location, the target window will not be brought to the foreground.)
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby HotkeyNet on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Ajuga wrote:I'm also wondering if I can lower one of the numbers.

Oops I forgot to answer this question. Yes, after you find a pair of numbers that works, you can lower them one at a time until it stops working to find the lowest value for that number. Then raise it slightly. (That's how I was taught by my flight instructors to adjust the fuel-air mixture in an airplane. :) )

But I would make the numbers a little higher than the bare minimum because next time you use HotkeyNet, you may need slightly longer delays.
-- Freddie
HotkeyNet
Site Admin

Postby Ajuga on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 am

Pardon the late reply, been away from PCs the last few days.

HotkeyNet wrote:If there's anything else you notice that's missing from the documentation, please let me know.

Add that the numbers are in miliseconds and perhaps what exactly a milisecond is; 100ms = 1s, right?

HotkeyNet wrote:Okay I'll an example.

Looking good ;)

HotkeyNet wrote:So far as I know, it does. Is that not happening?

(Keep in mind that SetActiveWindowTracking gives the foreground to the highest window under the cursor. If the target window is covered by some other window at the cursor's target location, the target window will not be brought to the foreground.)

The "following mouse" part works, but ClickMouse doesn't. I tried with higher delays, but it doesn't seem to help. (I have the tracking on toggle, so I can easily check if ClickMouse works with/without.) Perhaps it could be solved by temporarily turning off SetActiveWindowTracking while ClickMouse does it's trick?

HotkeyNet wrote:Oops I forgot to answer this question. Yes, after you find a pair of numbers that works, you can lower them one at a time until it stops working to find the lowest value for that number. Then raise it slightly. (That's how I was taught by my flight instructors to adjust the fuel-air mixture in an airplane. )

But I would make the numbers a little higher than the bare minimum because next time you use HotkeyNet, you may need slightly longer delays.

Alright ;) Would I be right if I said that longer delay times are needed if your PC is under high pressure (running through a city with a million NPCs etc.)?
Ajuga

Postby Outlaw73 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 am

Add that the numbers are in miliseconds and perhaps what exactly a milisecond is; 100ms = 1s, right?

1000ms == 1s, but not sure about the meaning of 100 in HKN. I would like to know also! There are 4 sets of textboxes there...what exactly do they all do?

One thing I wanted to add is that I had much better success when I was able to avoid stacking the windows. I am running two monitors and if I stack the slave on top of the other window the clicks don't make it through occasionally. Spread em out....works like a charm.
Outlaw73

Postby gmachine88 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:50 am

Outlaw73 wrote:One thing I wanted to add is that I had much better success when I was able to avoid stacking the windows. I am running two monitors and if I stack the slave on top of the other window the clicks don't make it through occasionally. Spread em out....works like a charm.

You know what, thats exactly what i found when i started experimenting with ClickMouse, if you can see ALL of each window, chances are higher it will work. Don't ask me why, it's just what i found. Come on extra monitor!!
"Insert funny, witty one liner here"
gmachine88

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft